Wednesday, May 12, 2010

1. My aims, interests in the issue and why I feel it is important

Hi my blog reader! To inform you briefly, well I’m a 19 year old ordinary teenager from Georgia, who can’t envisage her life without magic beats and melodies along with smart and entertaining lyrics and fascinating appearances of favorite artists: in other words, I can’t live without MUSIC.

I am not the only person to be so closely linked with this unique branch of art, but mostly all the teenagers can identify themselves with certain music performers, and are immensely influenced by them (in terms of ideology, fashion, attitude towards life, etc.); that is why I thought that topic “Negative influence of popular music and music videos on young adults” can be extremely relevant to our contemporary life, as well as Media and Society issues.

I argue that, frequently products that we see on television, or listen on the radio must be restricted from airing, because consequences might be harmful for youngsters. Such opinion was built on my own, early teenage-hood experience, which made me think that vulnerable teens are not protected from violent, offensive content of music. Along with my own example, there are various famous cases indicating on negative outcome of outrageous musical content. So, basically I try to show my reader that we should not accept everything Media feeds us with and Music is not the exception, but rather important p
art of this issue, because it indirectly affects our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers